Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reading Rocks, meetings, graduate first, adopt-a-class

Today is Tuesday, my no classes to teach in the MC today, day..... However, the irony is that there are actually 2 classes (one 7th and one 8th) in the media center all day today AND they are both working on research projects that I have helped with resources on.... 7th grade Harlem Renissance and the 8th grade is an Energy Conservation project. Both classes worked on their own with their teachers taking the lead. I was in and out of the MC and my office most of the day working on various projects and attending meetings.

A large portion of the day, after broadcast and helping out a few of our adopt-a-class community members this morning, was spent planning for our Family Literacy Night which is coming up as part of our fall book fair. The theme will be Reading Rocks.... I hope to have our final HRRB competition that night and make a big deal of it. Also, I sent out requests for teachers to help and to the public library's youth services librarian to come and talk with students during the school day as well as during our family night.

Today, I went as part of the admin team to sit in on the 7th grade team meeting. I have been assigned to that grade, so each Tuesday, I will sit in on their meeting.

I have a caseload of kids for the Graduate First program. I am to meet with these kids once a week and discuss various topics related to school work, graduation, etc. I believe this is part of a grant CCSD received several years back. I checked in on a couple of them last week when they were assigned to me. Today I met with one student and helped her find and work with a peer tutor for math.

No comments:

Post a Comment